Other Types of Diabetes
What are Other Types of Diabetes?
Other types of diabetes are those that differ from the characteristics of type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes and are different from gestational diabetes.
Other types of diabetes are a rare autosomal recessive form due to different health conditions or conditions that are composed of different types of single genes that cause defects in insulin production.
About 2% of people have this type of diabetes.
Various reasons for diabetes:
1. Different types of monogenic diabetes, cystic fibrosis-related diabetes are included in the rare national syndrome diabetes.
2. Side effects of drugs and some chemicals (such as steroids and antipsychotics)
3. Excess of a certain number of hormones. Such as the growth hormone, cortisol.
4. Different types of infectious disorders, etc.
The following is a list of diseases that can increase the risk of other types of diabetes:
a. Genetic problems in beta-cell function
- Maturity onset diabetes of the young
- Mitochondrial DNA mutations
b. Genetic defects in insulin processing or insulin action
- Defects on proinsulin conversion
- Insulin gene mutation.
- Insulin receptor mutation
c. Ex0crine pancreatic defects
- Chronic pancreatitis
- Pancreatic neoplasia
- Cystic fibrosis
- Fibrocalculous pancreatopathy
- Growth hormone excess (acromegaly)
- Cushing syndrome
- Cytomegalovirus infections
- Coxsackievirus B
- Thyroid hormone
- Beta-adrenergic agonist